History of the bells

1400 C Tower was added 3 bells were rung from the ground
1709 Clock – The gift of W. Currer of Steeton, late citizen of London 1709
1772 West doorway enlarged to allow a hearse to be housed in the tower
1779 6 bells, cast by Chapman & Pack, Whitechapel Bell Foundry. Money for the bells was raised by subscription and the bells carried the names of five churchwardens and the tenor (now the 7th) carried the name of the minister.
1780 A floor was laid across the arch which was walled up. Bells rung from new floor.
1825 A gallery was added over the font
1828 Clock renewed by subscription
1830? Hearse found alternative housing
1869 Gallery was removed
???? Bells rung from the ground floor again.
1889 Bells were rehung by W Brown & J Butterfield (Easter)
1901 – 1903 Major restoration of the church (was the ringing floor and the bricked up arch removed at this time?)
1914 The old six bells recast and a new smaller and larger added to complete the octave. The whole peal now hung in an iron frame by John Taylor & Co Loughborough
1987 Bells & frame were restored

Inscriptions on the bells